Copy and paste
Earlier today, Surendra Ananth and I conducted a (paperless) hearing in the Federal Court via the "𝗲-𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲" system. Here are some of our cues:-
1. You will receive a google drive link a week/ two before the hearing date.
2. The google link contains all papers related to the hearing. They have been named according to the enclosures number.
3. For ease of manoeuvring, download all the documents onto your desktop.
4. You will receive an email containing a Zoom link a day before the hearing.
5. On the hearing day, you are required to obtain a Wi-Fi slip from the court's interpreter/registrar. The slip will contain the Wi-Fi password.
6. You are required to connect to the Wi-Fi of that particular court room (e.g. Federal Court 1/2).
7. Once connected, you are supposed to click on the link provided (see: paragraph 4 above).
8. You should allow a few minutes waiting time until the host admits you into the group.
9. Upon entering, you are required to change your name. Your name shall start off with the suit number (eg: "𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗻𝗼./𝗰𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗹 𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗻𝗼.") followed by your representation (e.g "𝗽𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗵𝗼𝗻/𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗮𝘆𝘂/𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗻".)
10. Mute your speaker.
11. When it is your turn to submit, click "𝗦𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗦𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻".
12. To save time, you should ensure that the relevant pages of the cause papers you/your counsel will be relying on are opened at the background of the Zoom application.
13. The pages referred to shall be the pdf pages of the respective enclosures.
14. Once you/your counsel is done submitting, click "𝗦𝘁𝗼𝗽 𝗦𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗦𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻".
15. Today was our first day witnessing counsels submitting without the need to carry and plow through voluminous bundles.
Credit to Felix Saw CH
Kudos to Badan Kehakiman Malaysia | The Malaysian Judiciary